Counseling Specialties & Expertise
"Once you start approaching your body with curiosity rather than with fear, everything shifts."
- Bessel A. van der Kolk
The following treatment specialties come with gentle curiosity, compassion, authenticity, and free of judgement...
- Adults, couples, families, and adolescents age 15 and up struggling with single event or chronic trauma
- Adults who experienced abuse in childhood, expertise in working with childhood sexual abuse
- Anger management difficulties
- Anxiety & excessive worrying
- Struggles with self-harm & suicidal ideation
- Adolescents having trouble with anxiety, depression, identity issues
- Grief & loss
- Relationship issues
- Domestic violence
- Child abuse & neglect
I have formal training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy - 2 forms of therapy proven to be highly useful and effective when dealing with traumatic events and developmental wounds. I bring both into the room in conjunction with other somatic interventions, art therapy techniques, breath awareness and guided visualization to collaborate with clients around what feels right for them.
Adults who experienced sexual abuse in childhood...please take a moment and also visit The WINGS Foundation for added resources and support.
Looking for services you don't see listed? Take a moment to visit our group practice, Connections Counseling, for therapists with various specialties and approaches. We are easily accessible from locations such as Lakewood, Golden, Arvada and Denver.